This app makes it possible to subscribe to messages available on a message broker. Messages can also be published on the message broker.
The app has a trigger with an argument where you have to define the topic you are subscribing to. There is a token “message” that will contain the message received.
There is an Action where a message on a topic can be send to the broker.
In the app setting an URL where the broker can be found must be entered. Format is like 192.168.1.40:1883. At the moment I assume that the broker is in your local network, probably installed on a Raspberry Pi together with Node-red :wink:.
Because there is a kind of chicken and egg problem here, you need to reboot/unplug the homey after you have defined the URL and first active trigger. A new trigger will work after any other active trigger was triggered. Of course you could also restart your Homey.
- Multiple topics, triggers and actions can be used
- The same topic can be used more than once
- works for Mosquitto MQTT broker but probably also for any other broker that supports MQTT.
- Use brokers that require username/password
- Starting from scratch without restarting Homey
- Support username password
- More than one broker?
- No reboot necesarry
Lees meer ›