The main goal of this app is to limit the maximum electricity consumption per hour so that you stay within the desired power tariff in Norway and elsewhere where applicable. Electricity consumption will also be moved from expensive to cheap hours where possible.
Please note that the app is still under development so it would be appreciated if any errors are reported in the forum so that they can be fixed as soon as possible.
- Install the app
- Go to Apps / Piggy Bank / Configure app
- Under the "Devices->Controllable Devices" tab:
- Select the devices you want the app to control. The more power that can be controlled the better.
- Under the "Home" tab:
- Select target value for power tariff
- Activate the app
- Click save
- Add a flow card to send the current power from the power-meter to this app
- Save over 1000 NOK a year on the power tariff. (in Norway)
- Experiment with the settings and flows and follow the recommendations below to get the most out of the app.
- Install the piggy bank insights device if you're interested in statistics (this is optional)
- Set up flow cards to change between modes day/night/etc. at relevant times.
- Turn on price management to move electricity between expensive and cheap hours (under "Devices->Price management")
- Set up temperature settings for different modes and price points for optimal heat management (under "Devices->Modes and priority")
- Use flows to turn off zones when a room is ventilated.
- Use flows to increase reserved power consumption at the start of the hour you normally cook dinner.
- Use flows to reduce reserved power consumption when you have normally finished making dinner.
- Use flows to switch off relevant zones when you ventilate or there is strong sunshine.
- Use flows to ensure that you are notified when the app has detected a large uncontrollable power consumption before the end of the hour, which you must manually stop to meet the power tariff.
Faire un don
Cliquez sur un appareil ci-dessus pour afficher uniquement les cartes Flow associées.
Change the charging power to [[offeredPower]] W
This Trigger should be used to change the charging power. It will be called on the best schedule after the action 'Start Charging Cycle' has been initiated.
It is more than Free Power Watts available for other devices for the rest of the hour.
Use this trigger if you want to control the power of for example an electric car charger.
The price point changed.
Use this trigger if you want the internal price control of PiggyBank to control external events.
Turn on the charger, using lowest Power.
This Trigger should be used to start the charger. It will be called on the best schedule after the action 'Start Charging Cycle' has been initiated.
Turn off the charger.
This Trigger should be used to stop the charger. It will be called on the best schedule after the action 'Start Charging Cycle' has been initiated.
Could not reduce power usage. Turn off attached power immediately or the power-tariff for next month will be increased.
Use this condition as a last resort to limit energy. If the app turned off every controllable device the user can be alerted to do a manual powerdown if this was not enough.
The future price in Number of hours hours is unavailable.
Use this condition to handle situations when the future prices in a given number of hours for some reason is not available.
The zone Zone name is enabled
Use this flow card to check if a zone is enabled for app control. You may have to restart Piggy if you changed name of a zone.
The mode is equal to Mode
Use this card to check when the app operation mode is equal to a certain value.
The price point is equal to ...
Use this flow card to check if the price point is a certain value.
Set the max hourly usage to Max usage per hour
Allows you to dynamically change the maximum hourly usage. This could be useful when changing between summer time, winter time and long holidays
Set the Piggy Bank operation mode to Mode
Allows you to switch between day, night and other operation modes
Set the Piggy Bank price point to ...
Inform Piggy Bank whether the energy is expensive or cheap
Set the reserved power to Reserved power
Allows you to reserve power for uncontrollable devices, such as when making dinner
Change zone enabled for Zone name to Enabled
Allows you to turn on/off devices in zones e.g. in connection with ventilation. You may have to restart Piggy if you changed name of a zone. If the app is disabled the zone list may be empty.
Override Device Device operation with ...
Allows you to override how Piggy Bank operates a specific device.
Start charging cheapest Offered energy (kWh) kWh before End time
Tell Piggy bank to start a charging cycle. The offered energy (kWh) will be distributed on the cheapest hours before the time runs out. When the given amount of energy has been offered to the car the charging cycle will stop.
Note that for supported car chargers the offered energy and used energy will be the same. For unsupported car chargers this may not be the case.
Start charging Number of hours to offer energy cheapest hours before End time
Tell Piggy bank to start a charging cycle. It will only charge in the X cheapest hours before the time runs out. (Note that if the current hour is one of them then the charging time will be shorter)
For unsupported car chargers this may be the most deterministic starting function as they do not report used energy.
Stop the charging cycle ahead of time
In case you need to stop the charging cycle ahead of time you can call this flow card in order to prevent the app from offering more energy.
Set the power to Current Power from Energy meter W
Attach the current power usage output of your energy meter to this action card in order to enable the app
Version 0.19.43 — Added Toshiba heat pump to supported list + Fixed invalid Price points after restart and settings saved + Fixed the history for the cost calculation so it can be displayed correctly in a future update.
Afficher le journal des modifications